Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Sunday Before Christmas

Remembering the great time I had at the Atlanta Blues Society meeting and howl last Sunday. I joined the ABS, and I met a bunch of great people, and I ate great pulled pork sandwiches, and I got to hear some great local musicians at Tony's American Grille in Roswell. The musical entertainment was brought by Tommy Brown vocals, Albert White guitar, Eddie Boyd on sax, Carlos Capote on harmonica and a great rhythm section. I have heard these guys on their cds, and they are all fantastic bluesmen, and together they knew how to bring the blues with truth and joy and power. It was a great evening, the #1 best good time I've had since I moved to Georgia last September.

The next good night of blues in my future is seeing The Breeze Kings on January 11 at the Fernbank Science Center. The Breeze Kings have been named #1 Blues Band in Atlanta by the Creative loafing for the past SEVEN years. When I was a DJ at KJLU at Lincoln University in Jefferson City one of the bands I loved to play were The Breeze Kings. I regularly got requests for their song "Don't Put No Headstone On My Grave" from their second cd, "You got to Bring Some to Get Some" (2003, Varitone Records).

Have a great Christmas.

No comments: