Friday, December 14, 2007

Looking forward and back

Hard to work on this blog today--Christmas is coming fast. My son finished his first semester college finals yesterday and will be home next Wednesday. I am really looking forward to seeing him. At the same time I'm still hurt at the loss of Ike Turner the other day. So many memories related to his music over the years. When I was a teenager I used to go to clubs in St Louis where Ike and Tina used to play. Old timers told me, "They were real good before they got big. Ike was so into music." I heard Buddy Guy say that same thing on an interview with Bill Wax on XM channel 74 "Bluesville" yesterday afternoon. And Ike's passing brings back to my mind so many other who have passed over the years. My mom. Otis Redding. John Lennon. James Brown.

I have many things to do today. Most of my errands are related to my family, including getting ready for my son's arrival. I'll do my chores, but I would really rather put on the headphones and spend one more day with Ike Turner.

No comments: